Tue, Jan 23|
AIA Southwest Washington is partnering with AIA Washington Council for Capitol Connections, AIAWA’s annual lobby day in Olympia, where architects discuss issues important to the profession, directly with their legislators.
Time & Location
Jan 23, 2024, 9:00 AM – Jan 24, 2024, 1:00 PM
Olympia, Washington State Capitol Building, 416 Sid Snyder Ave SW, Olympia, WA 98504, USA
About the event
This year’s focus is Retire the Rolling Clock! AIAWA’s bill to remove the portion of Washington’s licensing law that gives the exam sections you’ve ALREADY PASSED an expiration date. Effective May 1, 2023, NCARB eliminated the Rolling Clock policy and began implementing a new score validity policy. Read more here. Washington is the last state to make this change and if we can’t get it passed this year, we have to wait another year.
Capital Connections will feature a kick-off briefing, an opportunity to hear from key legislators on our issues, and meetings with your state legislators. Please consider joining your fellow architects from across the state in this important outreach effort. AIAWA will provide all the talking points and background materials you will need to make your meetings a huge success. And we always make sure that no one has to attend alone.
All transportation costs are reimbursed. Members flying into SeaTac will have access to a shuttle to and from Olympia. Shuttle leave times will be provided.
- $50 for licensed architects
- FREE for Associate members and/or those with less than 10 yrs experience
- Prep Week Jan. 15-19 | Individually scheduled district prep sessions (30 mins)
- Capitol Connections Day, Tuesday, January 23, 2024
- 9am – 10am | Kick-off & issue briefing, light refreshments
- 10am – 4pm | Meetings with legislators (based on legislators’ schedules)
- 12pm - 1pm | Legislator Perspective, speaker TBD, lunch provided
Register for Capitol Connections here and help us RETIRE THE ROLLING CLOCK!